All of the children are able to have a hot school meal every day. Unfortunately we don’t have the facilities to cook meals on the premises here at Borden so we have an arrangement through Nourish Catering who provide hot meals for children cooked off-site. If you would like your child to have a hot school meal in school please contact the school office.
For more information about Nourish Catering, visit their website www.nourishcontract catering.co.uk or telephone 020 8778 1111 or email [email protected]
Click HERE for the Nourish Menu for January, February, March and April.
Universal Free School Meals
From September 2014 all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are offered a free school meal. Children in Years 3-6 can also opt for a hot school meal every day so please inform the school office if you would like this for your child(ren).
Free School Meals – Eligibility criteria for other groups
We encourage all families to apply for ‘Free School Meal’ status (even if their child will receive a free school meal because of their age) if parents/carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
By doing so, the school receives additional funding called ‘Pupil Premium Funding’ (please see the separate information we have detailed about this funding)
To apply please download the form here